Air Conditioner Installation
Keep your home comfortable throughout the year.
Enjoy the Benefits of a New Energy Efficient Air Conditioner
Air Conditioner Tips Video
Repairing an aging air conditioner may be more affordable now but replacing your old system can save you more in the long run. Old AC systems have a SEER rating of 10 or lower while today’s systems can have SEER ratings of up to 23. Even if your AC is just 10 years old, you can save 20 to 40% on your cooling costs by upgrading to a new, energy efficient model, according to the Energy Department. This can translate to up to $300 per year in savings.
Repair or Replace Your AC?
We understand that replacing your air conditioner is a big decision. In fact, it’s one of the largest expenses you will face as a homeowner. While you certainly don’t want to replace an air conditioner that could be repaired, you also don’t want to waste money on repairs that will be short-lived. Our air conditioner installation technicians can recommend which option will be most cost-effective in the long run. In general, we recommend considering the following when deciding if it’s time to invest in a new air conditioner.
- How old is the system? Air conditioners can last up to 15 years. Once your system begins to approach the 10-year mark, it may be time to consider replacing it.
- How often has your AC been repaired? If your AC system has been repaired a few times in the last couple of years, it may be a sign that your system is on its last legs. Rather than pouring more money into your air conditioner, your money may be better spent on a new system.
- How much would repairs cost? If repairs will be close to half the cost of a new air conditioner, it’s best to invest in a new high-efficiency AC system.
- Does your system use R22 freon? This refrigerant is being phased out by the government. Most AC units older than 10 years use R22 refrigerant or freon. By 2020, only recycled R22 refrigerant will be available to service these older systems.
- Are your energy costs rising? Today’s air conditioners are far more efficient than models that are just 10 years old. You may also notice energy costs climbing as your system gets older and even less efficient. Upgrading to a new air conditioner can make your home more comfortable and lower your bills for many years to come.
Ready to enjoy the benefits of a reliable, energy efficient new air conditioner? Contact us today to request an estimate for affordable AC installation.
A History in Vernon Hills IL